Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May already?

Oops, it's been almost 2 months since I last blogged, my bad. Lots of cool things have been going on. We have finally finished upgrading our kitchen and I must say it looks lovely! We started with counter tops which took forever to pick, added a back splash that goes all the way up the wall, it looks a little zebra like in the pictures but in person it is beautiful. It all looked really good but the cabinets didn't quite fit, so we jumped on the idea of refacing, since replacing was out of the question. It looks as though we have a completely new kitchen for about 1/2 the cost. If anyone needs names of people let me know. I'm more than willing to give them out based on the fantastic jobs they did. I don't have a totally before picture but when I find one I will post it.

As you all may know, Joseph is growing like a weed. He is quite the little stinker that likes to get into everything and take his parents right to their breaking point, then melts us with his devious chuckle and beautiful smile. His is testing every ounce of patients that both Adam and I have and I really think he is enjoying it :) He definitely knows where his timeout spot is and will go straight to it (most of the time) if told to.
He's thoroughly enjoying his gymventures classes that he goes to on Tuesday with Daddy and Saturdays with Mommy and sometimes Daddy. He will be starting swim classes here pretty soon. We haven't yet decided if we are going to do them at the Y. I got a name of an instructor from one of the Moms in our class so we'll see what the instructor says. He will be swimming though this summer...we are set on it :) He still continues to sign to us. He can now say "poop" and "help". Only a couple actual words like. who's that, what's that, here go, ma and da. He's in no hurry to talk and we aren't concerned at all. I would love for him to be able to speak in sign language as well as words.

As for Adam and I, we are both doing well and enjoying married/parent life. We will be heading to Vegas on June 3rd for a fun filled weekend that includes a Vegas Wedding! YAY! Aiden and Pat are tying the knot. It's going to be a GREAT time with great friends...in VEGAS! We love Vegas. We will be gone for 4 nights and will miss our little guy but when we return on the following Monday I will be off that entire week, so we will have lots of time to plan fun adventures with Joseph. Time is flying by so quickly, I feel like before I know it, it will be Joseph's birthday again and I'm not ready to deal with the terrible twoooooos. Although potty training does sound fabulous!

Hope this year is finding you all in good spirits and you are enjoying your life to the fullest!

Miss you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment